ron+paul+hope+for+america
ronpaulrevolution
Your Political Profile:
Overall: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal
Social Issues: 25% Conservative, 75% Liberal
Personal Responsibility: 75% Conservative, 25% Liberal
Fiscal Issues: 75% Conservative, 25% Liberal
Ethics: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal
Defense and Crime: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal
How Liberal Or Conservative Are You?

Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

freedom message
Disclaimer

Personal Settings

My personal blog about the upcoming presidential election, voicing my opinions on the candidate I am supporting for the upcoming election in 2008. It may also include personal posts I may choose to add.

counters
Broadband DSL
rpaul2008
The Gross National Debt
Price of Addiction
###
to Foreign Oil
Gasoline Prices

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Becoming My Own Advocate





Recently, I decided to cease all of my medicines for bipolar disorder. The primary reason being is my insurance will not cover very many of them.
Mental illness is a legitimate illness, just like any other chronic illness. I have been struggling with Bipolar disorder since I was diagnosed in 2000. Even longer of you count the time before I was diagnosed.
I have decided I would have to become my own advocate if I were to decide to return to medication. I realize that I must come up with the resources for help. Yeah, there are government programs as well as private charity programs. Many people rely on government programs to find themselves in the cold after they realize the bureaucratic nightmare they face to continue their treatment.
There are many negative backlashes for people who do not know or not familiar with bipolar disorder. They may have heard of it, but refer to it as a "crazy person's disease."
This is another way I must become my own advocate. To try to educate those who would like to learn more to the best of my ability. The Internet is full of resources, but someone with the illness can translate and interpretate, to be more precise in describing what people can accomplish with a mental illness.
Many people with a mental illness have become productive members of society.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home