ron+paul+hope+for+america
ronpaulrevolution
Your Political Profile:
Overall: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal
Social Issues: 25% Conservative, 75% Liberal
Personal Responsibility: 75% Conservative, 25% Liberal
Fiscal Issues: 75% Conservative, 25% Liberal
Ethics: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal
Defense and Crime: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal
How Liberal Or Conservative Are You?

Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

freedom message
Disclaimer

Personal Settings

My personal blog about the upcoming presidential election, voicing my opinions on the candidate I am supporting for the upcoming election in 2008. It may also include personal posts I may choose to add.

counters
Broadband DSL
rpaul2008
The Gross National Debt
Price of Addiction
###
to Foreign Oil
Gasoline Prices

Monday, November 13, 2006

Gasoline Adventure



Over the weekend while pulling up to a nearby fueling station to get some much needed gasoline for my vehicle.
I placed my bank card into the card reader, when I was not paying attention I pushed the 89 octane and placed the fueling nozzle in my vehicle's gas tank openning.
While I was pumping my fuel I realized what I had did. I hit the 89 octane button.
Usually I purchase the 87 octane for my 2003 Chrysler Town and Country, but in a state of confusion or accident, I pressed the button for the 10-15 cents more a gallon.
It was too late when realized i was putting 89 in my vehicle. I was pumping the fuel.
To be honest with you I did not see any change in gas mileage. I know some Volkswagens and other luxury vehicles require the higher octane fuel, but I never seen it in my owners manual that it was required.

4 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, November 14, 2006 2:00:00 AM, Blogger web_loafer said…

    What's up PA Ind?

    Most engines will tell you when it is time to splurge on a tank of higher octane, by the pinging sounds emitted.

    The higher octane blends are ones with more cleaning additives and such.

    So when the ejectors get the least bit clogged the engine sounds funny.

    Rather than buying highprice additives to clean the ejectors, it usually is enough to simply fill up once with the 91....yes it costs 20cents more a gallon, but it is good for a pinging engine.

    Thanks for dropping by Sanity's Bluff....notice I didn't say dropping off....

    Your post election comments were right on. It is the taxpayers country.

    Catch you later. Oh by the way, it was in 1989 when I bought my first computer.

    Since then I've went through 6 more computers.

    For less than 500 dollars my computer now has more 'puting power than all of the other 6 that are collecting dust and cluttering my office....Must do something about that.

    Later,

     
  • At Tuesday, November 14, 2006 2:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello

    I was looking for another blog and I happen to find yours. I really enjoy reading it, great content..keep up the good work. I have a few blogs myself and if I were you I would go to http://www.autosurfmonster.com and submit this blog so thousands of others can see it for free. well, I look forward to all the updates and I will add your blog to my favorites.

    Jessica

     
  • At Tuesday, November 14, 2006 7:09:00 PM, Blogger CyberCelt said…

    The only time I have used high-octane in American cars is the big engines as they reach 100K miles.

     
  • At Friday, November 17, 2006 4:59:00 PM, Blogger christine said…

    most engines are built to run on a certain level of octane so, unless your car's manual specifically tells you to use 87, you're wasting your money and possibly getting worse mileage.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home