ron+paul+hope+for+america
ronpaulrevolution
Your Political Profile:
Overall: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal
Social Issues: 25% Conservative, 75% Liberal
Personal Responsibility: 75% Conservative, 25% Liberal
Fiscal Issues: 75% Conservative, 25% Liberal
Ethics: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal
Defense and Crime: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal
How Liberal Or Conservative Are You?

Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

freedom message
Disclaimer

Personal Settings

My personal blog about the upcoming presidential election, voicing my opinions on the candidate I am supporting for the upcoming election in 2008. It may also include personal posts I may choose to add.

counters
Broadband DSL
rpaul2008
The Gross National Debt
Price of Addiction
###
to Foreign Oil
Gasoline Prices

Monday, November 20, 2006

The Legend of Bigfoot






Bigfoot, Sasquatch, the Yeti.
Everyone knows of those names. A mystical creature that has baffled scientists and people alike. Scientists are skeptical over its existence
All over the world reports of people sighting an "ape-man" type of creature.
There are many reports of Bigfoot in isolated forested areas all over the United States.
Most reports are from the Pacific Northwest in the U.S., but have been reported in nearly every state, including Pennsylvania.
There have been many hoaxes in association with Bigfoot or Sasquatch. In order to gain fame and possibly fortune people have put on a number a schemes claiming to have hard core evidence of such an unknown creature.
Tonight (Nov 20, 2006,) at 8pm EST there is an episode on National Geographic channel's "Is It Real" featuring an ape-like creature in Russia. I hope to catch this episode at a later date, because I won't be able to watch it myself at that time.
Last but not least, my personal opinion. I am quite skeptical. I believe as much knowledge as humans have, they would have found solid evidence of such a creature. There is always that chance the creature has hidden under our noses for all of these centuries as well. There are many many many acres of woodland in isolated area, such as British Columbia that have never been explored by people. I find this quite amazing in the 21st century, thinking all places have seen human contact at some point.
However there is the odd case of Oliver that baffled scientists for many years. Scientist may have speculated that Oliver was the "missing link" between humans and apes. He displayed human like behaviors, such as walking upright. It was later determined that he was in fact a chimpanzee.

2 Comments:

  • At Monday, November 20, 2006 6:26:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Pennsy, New Avatar?

    This Bigfoot thing seems to go on and on. I watched a History channel presentation the other day and one fellow made sense of it all when he said "that after all these years shouldn't we have found some kind of skeletal remains or something to at least provide some kind of evidence that these creatures exist"

    Having said that though. I saw the funniest commercial I've seen in many years and my sides were splitting when I saw it.

    It's the beef jerky commercial with three guys walking in the woods and they come on a sleeping bigfoot. They do the old shaving cream in the hand and tickle his nose trick. Bigfoot wakes up and splatters shaving cream all over himself. Dag gone that was so funny.I hope you get a chance to see that one.

    Have a Happy Thanksgiving with or without Bigfoot ;-)

     
  • At Monday, November 20, 2006 7:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I changed my avatar temporarily, because when I removed it, I wanted my blog to take more of an anonymous approach. I do plan on adding my own picture back soon, but not exactly sure when to do so.
    I would figure people would have found some type of evidence as well for bigfoot, but things like skeletal remains do not last long in nature. Scavenger animals have their first picks on that day's meal, then other animals scatter remains elsewhere.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home