ron+paul+hope+for+america
ronpaulrevolution
Your Political Profile:
Overall: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal
Social Issues: 25% Conservative, 75% Liberal
Personal Responsibility: 75% Conservative, 25% Liberal
Fiscal Issues: 75% Conservative, 25% Liberal
Ethics: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal
Defense and Crime: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal
How Liberal Or Conservative Are You?

Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

freedom message
Disclaimer

Personal Settings

My personal blog about the upcoming presidential election, voicing my opinions on the candidate I am supporting for the upcoming election in 2008. It may also include personal posts I may choose to add.

counters
Broadband DSL
rpaul2008
The Gross National Debt
Price of Addiction
###
to Foreign Oil
Gasoline Prices

Monday, March 26, 2007

Mania's Terror







Today I am posting about an adventure that took place back in the early summer of 2000.
Today I look back at this time with a smile, although at the time it caused my family (namely, mother and grandmother) alot a grief.
This is a prime example of how a mental illness can effect family.

Back in 2000 after a heated argument with my mother because I was intentionally missing doctor's appointments and did not really want to seek any type of mental health treatment. I didn't care about the therapists or anything. I didn't even want to be on medication, so I stopped taking it.
My mother knew I was clearly manic, because I have been sleeping less than four hours a night and was always on the go. I also was an egomaniac at the time, in short a total prick.
Out of a my clouded judgement and out of impulse I decided I was going to visit my cousin in California. I guess I was very pissed off at everyone.
I never told anyone about my plans to go to California. I only planned for the trip less than six hours before leaving.
I woke up the following morning around 2:30am, pack up clothes and a few other belongings, and hopped into my 1989 Chevrolet Cavalier.
I had directions that I'd printed from mapquest.com. I had check the oil in my car, although I did change the oil in the car three days prior to my trip.
I hit the open road. California or bust. The trip was very uneventful. Only had a few traffic jams in major cities like Cleveland, Chicago, and Denver.

After about forty-two hours and change I was at my destination. I did not stop except to fuel my vehicle. This is disgusting, but I used a bottle to urinate in so I would not have to stop. I did not sleep the entire time.

When I arrived, it was quite a surprise visit, but more than welcomed. My cousin greeted me with a huge hug and asked me what I was doing there. She had also said it was a great and unexpected surpise, but I was welcomed there anytime.

My cousin unknowingly called my mother(which also her cousin) and my mother was quite distraught because she didn't know where I was.

I explained everything to her and what happened.
My grandmother(this is her niece) was on the verge of another heart attack because I basically worried her to death.

After it was all said and done my mom and grandmother breathed a huge sigh of relief. They knew I was safe and was in a safe place where I would not harm myself or someone else.
My cousin's daughter is a R.N.(who is my 3rd cousin) wanted to take me to the hospital where she works and have me placed inpatient in the hospital's psych unit immediately.
I was not placed inpatient because I had made a promise if my grandmother sent my meds by Fed-Ex and took them I would not be placed there.

I stayed at my cousin's home for 2 1/2 weeks. It turned out to be one of the most exciting times of my life. My grandmother also send a check (she didn't know I had over $2500 in my savings account. LOL) so I would have enough money to return and could get hotel rooms on the way back. She did not want me to drive straight through.

While I was in California, my cousin(the R.N.) had a psychiatrist speak to me about my mental stability. I told her everything. I guess I was more open because it was the first female psychiatrist I had ever met. She was the most comforting and understanding one I had as well. She was not pre-judgmental.

As I look back on this experience there is only one thing I really seriously regret. I wished I would have told my mother and grandmother so I would have not scared them to death.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home