ron+paul+hope+for+america
ronpaulrevolution
Your Political Profile:
Overall: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal
Social Issues: 25% Conservative, 75% Liberal
Personal Responsibility: 75% Conservative, 25% Liberal
Fiscal Issues: 75% Conservative, 25% Liberal
Ethics: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal
Defense and Crime: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal
How Liberal Or Conservative Are You?

Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

freedom message
Disclaimer

Personal Settings

My personal blog about the upcoming presidential election, voicing my opinions on the candidate I am supporting for the upcoming election in 2008. It may also include personal posts I may choose to add.

counters
Broadband DSL
rpaul2008
The Gross National Debt
Price of Addiction
###
to Foreign Oil
Gasoline Prices

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Samaritans/Befrienders




The Samaritans are a charity based in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland, which provides awareness for people that are in crisis at risk for suicide.
They are primarily based in the UK and Ireland, with resources such as a telephone helpline. For the world outside of the UK and Ireland, befrienders.org is also a great online resources for help and crisis intervention numbers.
Since 1994 the charity has provided support for people worldwide in crisis by e-mail, but do not give advise and do not consider themselves a counseling service. They are a "listening needs" for those who just simply need to express their frustrations and what their crisis may be.
They have a code of confidentiality except in rare cases where other types of intervention may be needed.
Due to the rise and use of the internet, their work has extended beyond the UK and now are found in over 400 countries worldwide providing awareness for those that may be in crisis.
Personally, I have used the e-mail service they provide and usually try to respond within 24 hours. They provided a wonderful, confidential service when I was in need.
"A society in which: fewer people die by suicide; people are able to explore their feelings; people are able to acknowledge and respect the feelings of others."

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At Sunday, April 22, 2007 1:33:00 AM, Blogger Micky said…

    YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN

    Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God [John 3: 3].

    About 3 years ago I dropped into a black hole – four months of absolute terror. I wanted to end my life, but somehow [Holy Spirit], I reached out to a friend who took me to hospital. I had three visits [hospital] in four months – I actually thought I was in hell. I imagine I was going through some sort of metamorphosis [mental, physical & spiritual]. I had been seeing a therapist [1994] on a regular basis, up until this point in time. I actually thought I would be locked away – but the hospital staffs were very supportive [I had no control over my process]. I was released from hospital 16th September 1994, but my fear, pain & shame had only subsided a little. I remember this particular morning waking up [home] & my process would start up again [fear, pain, & shame]. No one could help me, not even my therapist [I was terrified]. I asked Jesus Christ to have mercy on me & forgive me my sins. Slowly, all my fear has dissipated & I believe Jesus delivered me from my “psychological prison.” I am a practicing Catholic & the Holy Spirit is my friend & strength; every day since then has been a joy & blessing. I deserve to go to hell for the life I have led, but Jesus through His sacrifice on the cross, delivered me from my inequities. John 3: 8, John 15: 26, are verses I can relate to, organically. He’s a real person who is with me all the time. I have so much joy & peace in my life, today, after a childhood spent in orphanages [England & Australia]. God LOVES me so much. Fear, pain, & shame, are no longer my constant companions. I just wanted to share my experience with you [Luke 8: 16 – 17].

    Peace Be With You
    Micky


    STEP 3:
    If I give my will to a Higher Power, how can I have the will to continue to control my will? And if I don’t have the will to control my will, and can’t control my will any longer, then how can I continue to place my will in the care of my Higher Power? What’s to stop me from accidentally TAKING MY WILL BACK without meaning to do so?

    I imagine, this is how STEPPERS brains are altered – ones Higher Power is in ones head and that is why they [STEPPERS] are the walking dead. Part of the STEPPERS brain, SNAPS, and they end up as Bill Wilson Clones [Zombies] – completely BRAINWASHED with BUCHMANISM. John 3: 16, is the only way out!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home