ron+paul+hope+for+america
ronpaulrevolution
Your Political Profile:
Overall: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal
Social Issues: 25% Conservative, 75% Liberal
Personal Responsibility: 75% Conservative, 25% Liberal
Fiscal Issues: 75% Conservative, 25% Liberal
Ethics: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal
Defense and Crime: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal
How Liberal Or Conservative Are You?

Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

freedom message
Disclaimer

Personal Settings

My personal blog about the upcoming presidential election, voicing my opinions on the candidate I am supporting for the upcoming election in 2008. It may also include personal posts I may choose to add.

counters
Broadband DSL
rpaul2008
The Gross National Debt
Price of Addiction
###
to Foreign Oil
Gasoline Prices

Monday, October 23, 2006

Fantasy Congress/fantasycongress.org

I heard about this website on the radio while driving to work today. It is very similar to fantasy football, but only with U.S. Congress and Senators. The name of the sight is Fantasy Congress.(www.fantasycongress.org, the link is below.) You pick sixteen members of congress from both house. Points are scored when a bill they sponsor or co-sponsor makes it out of committee. More points are scored when the bill passes through Senate, House and vice verse. Ultimately the highest amount of points are scored when the President signs the bill.
There are profiles of all current members of congress, you may check voting record, etc.
I looked at the web site and decided I should join. It really interested me after reading how the game is played. Anyone interested may click here to go to the website.

2 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, October 24, 2006 4:42:00 AM, Blogger Marie's Two Cents said…

    Lookin pretty good here Penn :-)

     
  • At Tuesday, October 24, 2006 11:45:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think this is a good idea to see just what it takes to get legislation through Congress from it's inital concept all the way to having the President sign the bill to become law.

    You will find that as you go along though there is always debate, support, wrangling, compromise and final reconciliation just to get a vote on the bill out on the floor. It is quite the process and most people have no idea what it takes.

    You'll do OK Pennsy, you're the future for this country. Change it for the better. I'm a war horse from a era past and I'm finding I don't enjoy the competiveness and endless debate as compelling as it once was for me.

    I've given you the examples of how the extremists draw you in because they know how manipulate youthful exuberence and idealism. I once had the idea that the only way to change things was to be involved in non-aligned or third party. That wasn't to be though. Maybe there will be at time for a third party in you time Pennsy. For now though I'm doing my best to change things from within my own party. This corruption thing is killing me and it's killing the integrity of our government.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home