ron+paul+hope+for+america
ronpaulrevolution
Your Political Profile:
Overall: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal
Social Issues: 25% Conservative, 75% Liberal
Personal Responsibility: 75% Conservative, 25% Liberal
Fiscal Issues: 75% Conservative, 25% Liberal
Ethics: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal
Defense and Crime: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal
How Liberal Or Conservative Are You?

Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

freedom message
Disclaimer

Personal Settings

My personal blog about the upcoming presidential election, voicing my opinions on the candidate I am supporting for the upcoming election in 2008. It may also include personal posts I may choose to add.

counters
Broadband DSL
rpaul2008
The Gross National Debt
Price of Addiction
###
to Foreign Oil
Gasoline Prices

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Sunday Post #3

The tragedy in Lancaster County.
This was not going to be my original Sunday post, but I decided this is very appropriate to post. I did not post anything about this sooner, because I felt I would want many more answers before I would post something on this.
I felt as a Pennsylvanian I would express my sorrow and mourning for the Amish people. It is a truly a tragedy by a demented person who wished to act out on innocent people.
For reasons unknown, at this time, the perpetrator decided to walk into an Amish school and begin firing a firearm at innocent young girls. I am not going into graphic details of the incident, but if you would like more information you may look it up at Google News, the link is also at the side.
What I felt was so scary that it hit fairly close to home. It was not some incident that happened hundreds of miles from my home. This was something that grabbed the entire world's attention that was less than one hundred miles from my driveway. It really made me think, are we safe anywhere anymore?
This warranted some answers to questions that may not have an answer. It may take many months or years to find a complete answerand possibly none may be found. The point I am getting at is what we can do to prevent a horrible or very significantly reduced the odds of the risk of such a horrible tragedy.
Some elementary schools are responding by locking all doors to the school. Also, some are implementing that a telephone call into the school must be made before any visit by anyone can take place. They sound like great solutions, but when you get the biggest picture, are they really the answer to ending shootings. Locking the doors may inhibit intruders from entering to harm children, but it poses a safety hazard if the school would have to be evacuated rapidly in an event of an emergency. There are not any easy answers.
This was not the first school shooting that has taken place. Any time a student or
an adult enters a building to take human lives is totally intolerable. What cause all of the media attention was the settings and surrounding of this particular tragedy. The entire state and possibly the entire nation were in disbelief and shock on that day, because of the circumstances surrounding the tragedy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home