ron+paul+hope+for+america
ronpaulrevolution
Your Political Profile:
Overall: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal
Social Issues: 25% Conservative, 75% Liberal
Personal Responsibility: 75% Conservative, 25% Liberal
Fiscal Issues: 75% Conservative, 25% Liberal
Ethics: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal
Defense and Crime: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal
How Liberal Or Conservative Are You?

Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

freedom message
Disclaimer

Personal Settings

My personal blog about the upcoming presidential election, voicing my opinions on the candidate I am supporting for the upcoming election in 2008. It may also include personal posts I may choose to add.

counters
Broadband DSL
rpaul2008
The Gross National Debt
Price of Addiction
###
to Foreign Oil
Gasoline Prices

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Fair Tax






This post is about HR25/S25, which is legislation to enact the "fair tax." I ventured onto this link, fairtax.org, which is a grassroots and non-partisan group that wants to elimiate the current tax code. Instead, the tax would be replaced by a national sales tax. It provides a "prebate" to ensure no American would over pay their fair share. They also favor repealing the 16th amendment.
The Fair Tax would place a sales tax of 23% on items of sale. Taxes would no longer be income based, but on how much you spend. This tax would replace all current federal taxes, such as federal Income, Social Security,and Medicare.
The fair tax would also eliminate the IRS. That would not make me lose sleep.
There are also provisions for people in Federal Poverty Guidelines to exempt or refund their money they paid into the tax.
I am going to do some more research on pros and cons of the fair tax. I will post on the benefits followed by the negatives of the fair tax.

1 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, November 29, 2006 1:23:00 PM, Blogger Corie said…

    I've heard of this "Fair Tax" idea a couple of times and from what little I do know about it, I think it might be a good idea.
    I'll be interested to see what you come up with as far as pros and cons for this kind of tax system. Especially the cons because I really haven't heard of any.

    p.s. thanks for the comment you left about a month ago. :) I just read it today. Unfortunately with a little one it's hard to keep up with things anymore.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home